The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale is bringing the food and music scene together like never before at the second annual Live & Local, presented by GoDaddy. Arizona’s most celebrated culinary rock stars will converge on the Scottsdale Civic Center Mall, Sunday, Nov. 9 at 5 pm along with local musicians for an evening filled to the brim with unique food and music experiences. Whether it’s truffle mac-n-cheese and short rib sliders or smooth whisky, Live & Local is guaranteed to feed your soul. Sponsored by the Arizona Restaurant Association and NOVA Home Loans, this standout event is unique as it celebrates local businesses while raising crucial funds that benefit local youth who need it the most. Here’s just a taste of what’s on the menu at this year’s event…
ROCK STAR CHEFS
- Barrio Queen
- Southern Rail / Beckett’s Table
- Paul Martin’s American Grill
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- Bistro on Wheels Food Truck
- Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails
- Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers
- Foosia Fresh
- Petite Maison
- The Grind
- The Standard
- Tom’s Thumb
- Tryst Cafe
- Kelly’s at Southbridge
- Chase’s Diner
- Pink Pony
- The Melting Pot
- Passport Coffee & Tea
- C3 Kitchen
- San Tan Brewery
- Salty Senorita
- Union Barrel House
- Wildflower Bread Company
- White Chocolate Grill
- Dozens of wine samplings by Arizona’s finest vineyards
- 3 Amigos Tequila
- Sleepy Dog Brewery
- Roger Clyne Mexican Moonshine Tequila
- Prescott Brewing Company
- Mudshark Brewery
- Mother Road Brewing Company
- Four Peaks Brewing Company
- Hand-crafted cocktails and more
- Nate Williams Band: A night of dancing, kicking back on the beach, sipping a blended margarita— the Nate Williams Band supplies the soundtrack to moments of pure joy. One of Arizona’s most popular live acts, this talented combo specializes in originals and well-chosen covers done in a funky, Reggae-influenced style.
- Georgia Chrome: This hopping ensemble brings on the two-steppin’ fun with an energetic mix of chart-topping country and down-home Americana. Based in Phoenix, this audience favorite is a mainstay at Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row, and time after time, they’ve proven that they’ve got the chops and know-how to create a rockin’ party atmosphere.
- Adam Shero: Everything about Adam Shero’s effortless musicianship can be seen on YouTube, via his sprightly solo cover version of “Moves Like Jagger.” In the video, Shero transforms 2011’s most unavoidable song into a shimmering, lovely mélange of tight guitars, spacey synths and soulful, multi-layered vocals.
FULL SENSORY EXPERIENCES
- Ale Yeah Beer Garden: Guests will savor this music-infused craft beer garden showcasing more than 30 unique varieties served with signature bites. Adding to the fun are beer-branded koozies featuring fun sayings like “Hip Hops” and “Brew Haha.” Crafted by Crescent Crown Distributing
- Pitch Black VIP Experience: This “better than a backstage” experience pits VIP guests against each other in a musical showdown of Rock Band while enjoying the taste of Johnny Walker Black Label, Captain Morgan Black and Crown Royal Black under the glow of neon lights. Check out the action from a private bird’s nest or from two double bars. Powered by GoDaddy
- unWINEd Lounge: And when only wine will do, VIP guests refresh at this wine lounge featuring unique vintages and freshly rolled cigars. Decorated with handcrafted bistro lights, the lounge is the perfect place to relax and un-wine-d.
- Pick a Track Music Lounge: Browse our wall-to-wall CD collection for a chance to win deliciously loud restaurant gift cards. $25 allows you to “download” any track, each track features a gift card valued $25 to $200 from a culinary hotspot.
- VIP After Party: Starting at 9 pm the party will continue with this exclusive experience featuring more beats, savory desserts, adult milkshakes and more. Fashioned by Arizona Foothills Magazine.
“Great albums are like great menus, handcrafted to a single overall theme or unified story. And Live & Local is the album of foodies,” says local restaurateur Allen Thompson, who is co-chairing the event with Frank Gorman, Executive Vice President at Meridian Bank. “Our all-volunteer committee and staff have spent countless hours curating every detail of this year’s event to ensure Live & Local continues to be one of Arizona’s most popular and provocative culinary events.”